1. He told me that he had bought a music tape and ____ buy another one the next week
A.that he would B.he was going to C.he would D.he should
2. We don’t doubt ____ he can do a good job of it. A.whether B.that C.if D.which
3. I wonder how many years ago ____ .
A.did your father retire B.your father retired C.has your father retired D.your father has retired
4. We all agree with him on ____ he said. A.what B.that C.why D.which
5. The teacher told the children that the Chinese culture ____ one of the oldest cultures in the world.
A.is B.was C.had been D.has been
6. I will give this dictionary to ____ wants to have it. A.whomever B.whoever C.whatever D.wherever
7. ____ all the inventions have in common is ____ they have succeded.
A.That, what B. That; that C. What; that D. What. what
8. Three days later，word came ____ our country had sent up another man-made satellite
A.when B.which C.that D.where
9. If you do your best it doesn’t matter ____ people think of you. A.that B.what C.which D.if
10. ____ you didn’t know the rules won’t be a sufficient excuse for your delaying submitting the report.
A.It is B.That C.Because D.What
11. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey. A.while B.that C.if D.for
12. I am sure ____ he said is true. A.that B.about that C.of that D.that what
13. Why the explosion occurred was ____ the laboratory attendant had been careless.
A.for B.because C.since D.that
14. One of the men held the view ____ _the book said was right.
A.what that B.that what C.that which D.which that
15. He insisted that he ____ in good health and ____ to work there.
A.was;be sent B.is;is sent C.be;was sent D.be;send